Monday, July 13, 2009

[Media] My Kangaroo Days

A few days back I published here the scans of two articles from kumudam & kalki. I received some mixed comments from friends. I think I should clarify this here. I spoke to reporters from both these mags for over an hour. My first statement to them was this. In my six year stay in Aus, as a foreign student, part time waiter, researcher, traveler and tutor, I have never ever experienced racism. Australians are in general the most friendliest of people I have seen. But, some of my Australian friends have shared what they feel about Indians and Chinese in Australia. That will be relatively a very small group. With that it is not a wise thing to generalise Australians are racists. It was unfortunate that my statements were interpreted as generalised ones. I hope to see such accidents are minimised in the future.

1 comment:

இரவுப் பறவை said...

true by experience only we can learn....its not the way we understood..its the way the world will understood....